The history of Colorado, and Denver and Boulder in particular, is full of interesting characters and great stories. Join us on our funky bus as our guides entertain you with tales of scoundrels, scandals, murders, rivalry that made these 2 cities what they are today. Beware, there will be some jokes thrown in as well, but the stories are all true!
If you thought Boulder was funky, you don’t know the half of it. Join us on our 90 minute Boulder tour to learn about current traditions, crazy folk lore and the history that formed this world famous college town from a mining supply town. Here’s just some of the things we cover:
- A bizarre tale of a haunted hotel complete with three suicides but just one note.
- Tattoos, Adidas and peace pipes may be common in Boulder, but did you know they’ve been in here for 7,500 years?
- How well did a former President and a Boulder madam know each other?
- The flamboyant owner of Boulder’s most expensive home dies a pauper, in 1901
- A tale of 3 pampered dogs and a most unusual death
- The Mystery at Macky Auditorium
Boulder history tours start meet at the Hotel Boulderado on the corner of 13th St. and Spruce. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the tour starts.
As the Queen City of the Plains, Denver has long been a destination for those traveling west. But it’s been a rocky road from mining town to metropolis. Join us on our 90 minute Denver tour to learn about Denver’s corrupt past, promising future, and the ghosts and criminals who still form our identity today. Here are just some of the things we cover:
- Ever wonder if the US Mint has ever been robbed? It depends on who you ask.
- Why people in Victorian clothing wander through Cheesman Park.
- How Denver got it’s name for the price of a barrel of whiskey.
- The real story of Molly Brown, before and after that boat incident.
- A fascinating story of oil, corruption, and a mysterious death
Denver tours start at the Big Blue Bear at the Denver Convention Center on 14th St. between Champa and Stout. Please arrive early, and leave time for parking your car.